Friday, April 15, 2011

Poetry Assignment write up

For my poetry assignment i decided to use the football staduim tunnel as my background because its where i like to express myself and make my poetry, although it isn't actuallty poetry. The point of my picture is to emphasis the word 'My'. I chose to put 'My World' on the floor with an arrow to show that my particular world was this way. For someone else their world could be a totally different setting. I decided i was going to change the image to black and white because i didn't want the viewer to be distracted away from the writing. I was going to make every 'my' red so that it would attract the viewers eye. If i were to change one thing i would likely change the font of title.

1 comment:

  1. Sharieff, I know you posted your cover image before you were able to do the write-up, but there is a way to EDIT a posting that allows you to add text at a later date. It makes it easier on the viewer if the image and text are together.

    You did a good job of explaining the rationale for this image, and if it was a book of only YOUR poetry then that might work. The task was to create a cover for the Anthology and so you need to think about who the audience is and what images they would like to see. You will have the same challenge on the next poster task for the Multicultural Festival.

    You choice to make the image black and white would have worked better if the titles had been in colour. I believe your first version had red titles and that would look much better.

    You need to make an effort to stay focused in class. If you have the work DONE, I will let you surf Facebook and Youtube to your heart's content. when you waste time, and get behind schedule it make my work harder too.

    ReplyDelete